- Ph.D., Intellectual Property Research Institute, Centre for Commercial Law Studies, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- LLM, Newcastle Law School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- LLB, College of the Law, National Taipei University, Taiwan
Faculty of Law (all Postgraduate courses)
- Administrative Procedure Law (Chinese program)
- Intellectual Property Law in the Creative Economy (English program)
- Comparative Contract Law (English program)
- Comparative Legal Systems (Common Law) (English program)
- Comparative Public Prosecution System in East Asia (Chinese program)
- Legal Research and Writing (both LLM and PhD) (both Chinese and English program)
- The interface between traditional Chinese medicine knowledge and patent law
- Innovation and technology policy in pharmaceutical industry
- Health policy and intellectual property related issues to public health
- Taiwan and Cross-Strait issues in regard to public international law
- Lecturer in Law, The Liverpool Law School, University of Liverpool, UK (Nov 2012-Oct 2013).
- Lecturer in Law, Taylor’s Law School, Taylor’s University, Malaysia Oct 2010-Sept 2012).
- Teaching and Research Fellow, National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan(Oct 2009-May 2010).
- Research Fellow, University of California-Hastings College of the Law, USA (Sept 2008-July 2009).
- Research Associate, McDermott Will & Emery, London, UK (Sept 2004-Sept 2006).
- Research Associate, Royal Society of Arts, London, UK (Sept 2004-Sept 2005)
Major Awards and Honors
- Animal Welfare and Prevention of Cruelty: Proposed Amendments to the Animal Act 1953 (Act 647) and Relevant By-Laws awarded by Jawatankuasa Pembaharuan Udang-Udang Malaysia (JPUUM) (2011)
- Originality as sine qua non for Derivative Works: Basis for Copyright Protection and Avoiding Infringement Liability (Accepted by Albany Law Journal of Science and Technology, 2014)
- Micro or Nano? Patenting Opportunities and Challenges for Chinese Herbal Medicine Product Inventions 10 (1) Nanotechnology Law & Business (2013)
- An Analysis of Taiwan’s Quest for Meaningful Participation in the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, 4(2) East Asian Policy 85 (2012)
- Dosage Patenting and the Development of Personalized Medicine, Boston College Intellectual Property & Technology Forum 1 (2012)
- Exuberance or Bubble? Study of Nano-Based Herbal Medicine Patents in the PR China 16 Journal of Intellectual Property Rights 225 (2011) (SSCI)
- Constraints and Options for Taiwan’s Meaningful Participation in the Specialized Agencies of the United Nations, 47(4) Issues & Studies 63 (2011) (SSCI)
- A Proposal to Foster Environmentally Sound Technology Transfer via APEC’s Economic and Technical Cooperation (ECOTECH), 4 Asia-Pacific Perspective 9 (2011)
- Nano Chinese Herbal Medicine Patenting in China-Industrial Applicability as the Benchmark in Assessing Patentability, 8(2) Nanotechnology Law & Business 106 (2011)
- The Person Having Ordinarily Skill in the Arts in Assessing Obviousness Standard in the United States and Taiwan after KSR—Implications for Taiwanese Patent Law and Practice, 38 Rutgers Law Record 1(2011)
- Nanotechnology Meets Chinese Herbal Medicine: An Introduction to the Patenting of Nano-Based Chinese Herbal Medicine in Taiwan, 7 Nanotechnology Law & Business 80 (2010)
- Patent Policy for Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research in Taiwan, 13(4) Journal of World Intellectual Property 540 (2010)
- Can Product-by-Process Patent Claims Provide Protection for Modernized Chinese Herbal Medicine? 12(4) Journal of World Intellectual Property 245 (2009)
- Patent Protection for Chinese Herbal Medicine Product Invention in Taiwan, 10(1) Journal of World Intellectual Property 1 (2007) (Most read article in 2007)
- Taiwan and China in Innovation without Patents: Harnessing the Creative Spirit in a Diverse World (Uma S. and Dutfield G ed., Edward Elgar Publishing, 2007)
- The Risk of RSVPing to Aviation Invitation, Taipei Times, Sep 23, 2013
- Trading Dignity for Participation, Taipei Times, Dec 22, 2012
- Caught Between A Rock and Hard Place, Taipei Times Dec 11, 2012
- Taiwan Aims for The Wrong UN body, Taipei Times Aug 1, 2012
- It’s not what, but WHO you know, Taipei Times May 27, 2012
- Taiwan’s Participation in the UNFCCC, Taipei Times Dec 19, 2011
- Time to Rethink UN Participation, Taipei Times Nov 18, 2011
- “Viable Diplomacy: Blurring the Interpretation of the “One-China” Principle across the Taiwan Strait?” Paper for The Second Asian Conference on Asian Studies, June 1-3, 2012 at Osaka, Japan.
- An Analysis of APEC’s Green Growth Strategy in the Context of the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development. Paper for the APEC Study Centers Consortium Conference22-23 Sept, 2011 at San Francisco, USA (Selected as one of the best presenting papers).
- The Development of the Traditional Chinese Medicine Industry in Taiwan: A Welfare Challenge in Access to the Medicines for the Elderly? Paper for the EASP Second Conference-“Pressure, Policy-Making and Policy Outcome Understanding East Asian Welfare Reforms” 30 June-2 July, 2005 at University of Kent, UK.