Xiaobo ZHAI, Stephen
|Office||E32 – 2025|
|Address||Faculty of Law (FLL),|
University of Macau, E32,
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China.
|Office Hours||Tuesday 16h00~17h00|
- Member of Information and Education Technology Committee (IETC)
- PhD, the Law Institute of Chinese Academy of Social Sciences
- Master of Law, Law School, Peking University
- Bachelor of Law, Law School, Zhengzhou University
- Public law
- Chinese Law
- Law and Philosophy
- Constitutional Law
- Chinese Law
- (as co-editor) Bentham’s Theory of Law and Public Opinion, Cambridge University Press, 2014.
- ‘Bentham’s Natural Arrangement and the Collapse of Expositor-Censor Distinction in the General Theory of Law’, in Bentham’s Theory of Law and Public Opinion.
- ‘Bentham’s Command versus Hart’s Authoritative Reason’, in The Legal Philosophy and Influence of Bentham: Essays on Limits of the Penal Branch of Jurisprudence, ed. Guillaume Tusseau, Routledge, 2014.
- ‘Bentham’s Natural Arrangement versus Hart’s Morally Neutral Description’, in Revue d’Etudes Benthamiennes, 10 (2012).
- ‘Legal Positivism: Emotivistic or Naturalistic?’ Philosophy and Public Issues (Filosofia E QuestioniPubbliche), 1 (2011).
- Book review: P. Schofield, Utility and Democracy: The Political Thought of Jeremy Bentham (OUP, 2009), and P. Schofield, Bentham: A Guide for the Perplexed (Continuum, 2009), in Law, Culture and the Humanities 7(1) 2011.